With the end of the year bearing down on us and the holidays right around the corner it may be time to shake up the job search and re-evaluate where things are and where you need to take them. Here are seven ways you can reimagine your job search for the end of 2012 and looking forward to 2013.
- Write down your goals. By committing your goals and aspirations to paper you are giving yourself a record of what it is you’re looking for. This gives you an opportunity to view what it is that you want and consider it every day.
- What do you really want? It is time to clarify your needs and desires for your career. What goals are most important? What ones should be let go? Rank your goals in the order of the most important.
- Rate your accomplishments. It is easy to get bogged down with the inherent negativity when it comes to the job search. It feels like you get more rejections than anything else but this is not true. Take time to evaluate what it is that has gone right in the job search. How many networking events did you attend? Did you get letters of praise? What else have you been doing such as blogging or social networking?
- Schedule your priorities. Take some time to write down what it is you want to accomplish each week. Breaking up tasks into smaller portions helps you complete them.
- Evaluate your motivations. Sometimes we get lost in the process and forget why we were doing it in the first place. Think about all the reasons you’re looking for a new job. What do you need or want? What can you accomplish?
- Celebrate. Every time you achieve a small goal, reward yourself. Have you made a new connection? Then have some ice-cream. Did you get a great reference letter? Then enjoy a nice dinner at your favorite restaurant.
- Recharge. Take breaks. It is time to recharge your job search batteries. Spend some time doing things you love so you can get back to the job search with a clear head.
Are you looking for strategies to re-energize your job search? Contact AtWork Personnel to see how we can help you today!